Thursday 26 April 2012

1 week, 6 days Overdue, Looks Like Induction.....

Helloo :)

I cant actually believe i am writing this post, as i REALLY thought i would be a proper mummy by now, especially seeing as the midwife said i was 2cm dilated on Tuesday when she did my membrane sweep (and i was starting having contractions ect)
Since then, things haven't really changed, i have had a LOT more of the mucus plug come away (or the show) which shocked me, as i didn't expect there to be so much more of it (i had a lot come away in the early hours of this morning, at about 3.40am and more this afternoon, at around 6pm, and little bits since) and i have continued to have contractions, at irregular intervals, some a lot stronger than others, with some actually painful enough to wake me up every hour or so last night, before easing off into nothing.

Start TimeEnd TimeDurationFrequency
3:40:26 AM----4:26----
3:33:38 AM3:34:32 AM0:5310 m, 29 s
3:23:10 AM3:24:14 AM1:35 m, 23 s
3:17:47 AM3:18:38 AM0:506 m, 47 s
3:11:00 AM3:11:51 AM0:504 m, 19 s
3:06:40 AM3:07:30 AM0:499 m, 16 s
2:57:24 AM2:58:19 AM0:546 m, 54 s
2:50:31 AM2:51:22 AM0:50----

This is an example of how random my contractions are, whilst being strong enough to wake me up and keep me awake, then fade away :/ (this graph was done on Contraction Master Online, (click for link) and i added it in the early hours of Friday morning, a few hours after first writing this post, as yep, i was up having more contractions, and yet more of my show)

I seem to have more contractions on an evening and at nighttime, (maybe because I'm less active then?) and they seem to be in my lower back spreading across my tummy. they last anything from 40 seconds to a minute, seem to get fairly regular for a while (last night i had a really strong contraction that woke me up, then i timed the contractions for an hour or so, and each one (a lot less painful than the initial one) came about every six minutes, and lasted around 40 -60 seconds, before again, tailing off to nothing).
That is soooo frustrating :(

To take our minds off it and to get us out of the house, (and with a small secret hope that it would start proper labour off) Simon, my 2 year old niece Olivia and I went swimming today (thursday) my first time in about 10 years!) and it was a great distraction :)
The feeling of weightlessness was lovely, and i only really appreciated it once i stepped out of the pool, as the full weight of my bump hit me like a ton of bricks, and i could have cried!
It made absoultely no difference to my labour status though, and while I think that any exercise when overdue is good (within reason!),  the baby is only going to come when it is ready, regardless what mum-to-be does!
So sadly, Induction looks likely :(

My friends sis-in-law happens to be a midwife, and my friend quizzed her on my behalf in regards to my induction which is booked in for tomorrow, and she thinks that i will probably be able to skip the gel/pessary step in the induction, as i am dilated enough to have my waters broken already (the midwife on Tuesday told me this), so they will only need to break my waters once a bed becomes free on the labour ward, so i SHOULD skip the long wait for my cervix to open as it already is 2cm dilated :)

I have all my bags packed, the car seat is ready to go, and we are a little apprehensive, excited, and looking forward to things finally happening, but it just feels a little bit deflating to not have the panic/excitement of natural labour starting :(
BUT, on the VERY big plus side, we should have our son this weekend, yay!

Last at-home pregnant Bump pics, at 42 weeks exactly, and total weight gain in my pregnancy from 4 weeks gestation to 42 weeks is: 2st 11 lb :/







(this post was written on Thursday night around 10pm, and updated early Friday Morning, so bump pics are of me at two full weeks overdue :)


1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog xxx Have to say you poor thing xxx Hope your baby has finally made an appearance ? xxx

    ReplyDelete